Monday, September 1, 2008

Pizza Braid





You all have to try this recipe. I think you will enjoy it and it's pretty too! My friend KL gave this recipe to me and it's amazing! It's so simple and takes little time to make. This pizza braid is rich, creamy and full of flavor.



This was my first time making it so I definitely have some suggestions of where I went wrong. My husband absolutely loved it! I can't wait to make one for a party!

I took a lot of pictures when I was making this, so you could better understand the instructions. I didn't have a large enough rectangle pizza stone, so I prepared it on my cutting board and then transfered it to my round stone. I don't suggest this, it was difficult to transfer without having it fall apart. You should prepare it on the surface you're going to bake it on.

Pizza Bread:

  • 1 refrigerated pizza dough
  • 1/2 to 1, 8 ounce brick of cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 2 cloves garlic pressed
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • sliced pepperoni

  1. Preheat oven to 400
  2. Place the dough on a large stone and roll it out into a nice rectangular shape. Prepare it on the surface you're going to bake it on.
  3. Use a knife to cut into the long sides of the rectangle. You will cut about 2 to 3 inches deep and about 1 inch apart, these sections will be folded over later to create the braid.
  4. Leave the long strip of dough in the center untouched.
  5. On that center section of dough, spread on your cream cheese. (I heated mine for 35 seconds so it was easy to spread)
  6. Press the garlic and spread evenly over the cream cheese.
  7. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the cream cheese.
  8. Layer pepperoni over the cream cheese center.
  9. Sprinkle your grated cheese over the meats.
  10. Braid the cut pieces of dough, alternating sides and stretching each piece over to cover the ingredients in the center.
  11. Pinch the ends to make sure the meat and cheese won’t escape during the baking.
  12. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.

You can also make this with fresh or sautéed veggies such as onions, mushrooms, peppers, olives, sliced tomatoes, etc. I also think it would be great with mozzarella cheese.

Hope you enjoy!

Thank you so much KL for this great recipe! I will be making this a lot.


Cindy

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

this looks yummy! I'll have to get the ingredients this week to make.

Kristi said...

I'm going to try this for a school potluck next Thurs! Thanks!

Princess-R-Us said...

I tried this again already and it was still really yummy! I think the one thing I may do different next time is use some veggies and use a little less cream cheese. I like it but it is a little rich if you're having more than one piece.