Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fiesta Chicken


My sister-in-law Anne gave me this recipe and it was so yummy! It's really easy to make and was great left over too. The whole family loved it. My hubby is so excited that I'm doing this blog because I'm cooking every night and it's always something new. lol I LOVE Mexican food so anything new is always good for me. I think I'm going to make this dish for our potluck we have at Halloween. Thank you so much for sharing Anne!


Fiesta Chicken:

  • 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded into bite sized pieces
  • 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (8 oz) jar cheese whiz
  • 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chile's
  • 1 can mild enchilada sauce
  • 10 corn tortillas (the number depends on the size of your dish)
  • chopped lettuce and tomatoes (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cook chicken in a skillet with 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce. This gives it great flavor and makes it tender enough to shred with a fork.
  3. Stir together cream of chicken soup, cheese whiz, green chile's and your cooked chicken.
  4. Divide 1/3 of chicken mixture and spread on bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish.
  5. Dip approximately 3 tortillas in enchilada sauce and place on top of chicken mixture.
  6. Continue to layer chicken mixture and tortillas until all of the chicken mixture is gone. The top layer should be the chicken mixture.
  7. Bake the casserole covered with foil for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
  8. Continue baking uncovered 15 minutes more.

You can also serve it with cut up lettuce and tomatoes on top if desired. Makes 5 servings
I hope you all enjoy! Thanks again Anne.
Cindy

4 comments:

3dingsandadog said...

OMG..that looks sooooo..... good! I have to try that :)

Hall Family said...

All your recipes are fantastic! I am amazed that your kids like the bell peppers and the spinach salad. Mine are not very good at exploring new foods. I think I should blind-fold them and then just feed it to them. lol Then maybe they would enjoy it. If it isn't appealing to their eyes, they won't eat it. Personally I think Hannah won't even try things cuz Caleb already has balked at it. The life of feeding children! I have tried to cook more and not eat eggs or cereal (although that is good, too) for dinner as much. I just get tired of the same ole thing. So this is fun! Thanks you guys for being so creative and making mealtime fun! Still gonna try to make a theme night one of these days... Love you!

Princess-R-Us said...

We had some leftover and I was craving this tonight. I went to reheat it and there was just this little, teeny, tiny piece left. I asked Chris "where did all the Fiesta Chicken go" he said there's a piece left. LOL Ya right! More like a big bite! Next time I'm making a double batch. This was really good!

Anne said...

I'm so glad you liked it! Someone made that for me when we were in Houston right after I had Nick and I immediately begged her for the recipe!