Monday, September 8, 2008

Potato Salad



This is one of my favorite things to make if I'm going to a potluck or bbq. ( I made it this weekend for a church potluck.) It is a little labor intensive, but well worth it! I learned how to make this by watching my grandmother for several years. So, if you like potato salad, give this recipe a try! I'm sure you will love it!

Potato Salad:

  • 10 red potatoes
  • 12 eggs
  • 1 bunch of green onion
  • 1 1/2 cups of Mayo.(make sure to use only Best Foods or Kraft)
  • 1 tbsp mustard
  • 1 tbsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp vinegar
  • 3 sweet pickles
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Boil red potatoes until fully cooked(it is best if they are slightly firm, so they don't crumble).
  2. Boil eggs until hard-boiled.
  3. Drain both potatoes and eggs. Cool with cold water. Peel and dice potatoes. Peel and dice eggs.
  4. Add both to large bowl.
  5. Chop and add in green onion.
  6. Chop and add pickles.
  7. Add mayo. I usually don't measure the exact amount. I believe it is around 1 1/2 cups. But just keep adding until the consistency looks right.
  8. Add mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and vinegar.
  9. Mix well.
  10. Refrigerate until cold.

Enjoy!!!

Barb

2 comments:

gram ding said...

I keep a jar of sweet pickle relish on hand. Its already chopped and easy to add to things like this potato salad or ham salad for sandwiches. Just an idea

3dingsandadog said...

Good idea! I will try that next time :) I haven't forgotten about the breakfast cassarole either, I am going to make it this weekend!