Monday, September 8, 2008

Beef Pot Roast


I made beef pot roast today. It's one of our family favorites. My mom used to make this when we were little and we always loved it. It's so easy to make you just put it in the crock pot in the morning and let it cook all day. I love having this during the winter months when it's cold outside because this meal is so rich and heavy. This makes a lot but we like it left over, so you may want to cut it in half.



Beef Pot Roast:

  • 1 pound or so beef pot roast
  • 2 family size cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 family size can of water
  • 2 packets of dry onion soup/dip mix
  • cut carrots
  • 3 cups of rice

  1. Empty both cans of soup into your crock pot.
  2. Add your can of water and dry onion mix.
  3. Stir together.
  4. Cut any fat off your pot roast. (you can usually find one without fat on it) then put in.
  5. Cook on high for 3 hours then turn to low for 3 to 5 hours.
  6. Put your carrots in (depending on how big you've cut them) once you turn it to low.
  7. Serve over rice, salt and pepper to taste.




This was our dessert tonight. I didn't make it homemade. I just wanted to post it because it was so simple and yummy! I bought angle food cake and put raspberries, blueberries and cool whip on top. It's nice to be able to through something together real fast that still tastes good!

Enjoy! Cindy

4 comments:

3dingsandadog said...

YUMMM...I may try that tonight!!

Hall Family said...

The dessert reminds me of summer ~ light and summery. Delicious!

Hall Family said...

Oh! And I bet the pot roast would be good on some egg noodles or how about mashed potatoes? Yummy!

Princess-R-Us said...

That dessert was perfect for summer because it's so light. :) Yes, the pot roast is also good over mashed potatoes. I've never done egg noodles, that sounds good too. :)