Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuna Noodles



So, I have not made this in a long time. I remember having this as a child. Now I know why, it is a quick and easy way to make dinner for the whole family! Barb and I were just talking about creating this blog this afternoon so I had no idea what I was going to cook tonight. Then all of a sudden, I was excited about making dinner! lol I found all the stuff in the cupboards and away we went. This is a great meal to make if you have little kids that want to help in the kitchen. Ellie's four and she was able to stir in all the ingredients. We all had fun and it tasted great.



Tuna Noodles:

  • 4 cups of uncooked spiral noodles
  • 3 to 4 small cans of white canned tuna in water
  • 1 to 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (depending on how moist you like it)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp sour cream (optional)
  • 1 cup of peas/celery or both (optional) My husband is a picky eater so I didn't add these but they're great added in.

  1. Boil your 4 cups of noodles. Strain well, don not rinse. Put back into your hot pan.
  2. Add your 1 1/2 tbsp of butter, tuna and cream of mushroom soup. Mix it all together.
  3. This is a very bland dish so you really need to keep adding salt and pepper to taste.
  4. I like to put a dollop of sour cream on top.

Now your ready to enjoy!

TTFN, Cindy

7 comments:

Hall Family said...

DO you need to bake this dish at all?

Princess-R-Us said...

No you don't need to. I never do, but I bet it would be good baked with cheese on top. :) This is a very bland dish so you could always spice it up with seasonings or cheese...... Definitely salt and pepper. :) I don't make this very often because Chris doesn't really like tuna.

Hall Family said...

I made this tonight and it was very dry. I think I will add another can of soup. But easy to make and yummy!

Hall Family said...

Next time I will add the extra soup. (forgot to add that part)

Princess-R-Us said...

I'm glad you liked it. It's usually not dry for me. Hmmm? I'm going to suggest on the recipe that you may like to add 1/2 to 1 can more soup. Let me know how it goes next time. :)

Hall Family said...

I'm thinking that my noodles sucked up the liquid. My family likes things a little more saucy. I even added milk! Oh well. It still tasted good. We added a side salad rather than the peas cuz my hubby hates peas (the kids love peas).

Princess-R-Us said...

Yes, It's definitely not saucy. They would probably like the homemade macaroni & cheese then, it's a lot more creamy and slightly saucy. I bet another can of soup would make the saucier consistency they all like. lol :)