Sunday, August 31, 2008

Homemade Macaroni & Cheese Casserole



This is one of the meals my mom would
make for our family. The nice thing is that because it's a macaroni and cheese casserole it's something everyone can enjoy. We loved it! It's so easy to make.








I made a quadruple batch of this because the kids LOVE it and it’s great left over. It also fits perfect in a large casserole dish when it’s quadrupled. This is one of those great dishes that the kids can help with. Ellie helped with the measuring, pouring and stiring it all together. She loves to cook.





Homemade Macaroni & Cheese Casserole:


  • 1 cup of your choice uncooked macaroni (I used spiral noodles because that’s what I had at home)
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  1. Heat oven to 400
  2. Cook your macaroni and strain very well. (don't rinse)
  3. In a large pan melt the butter.
  4. Add flour then milk stirring constantly.
  5. Add your cheese and macaroni stirring constantly.
  6. Let it cook on low for 3 minutes. It will appear very soupy but will thicken while baking.
  7. Poor into casserole dish and put in the oven (uncovered) for 40 minutes.
  8. Take out and stir thoroughly. This helps it finish thickening
  9. Add a little more grated cheese to the top and bake for 5 more minutes.
  10. Remove from oven and let it stand for about 10 minutes before serving.

Now it's time to eat!

TTFN, Cindy

2 comments:

3dingsandadog said...

YUMMMM, I think I will make that tomorrow!

3dingsandadog said...

I made it and it was yummy! The only thing I would do different next time is use sharp cheese instead of mild. I don't know what kind you used. It was so easy to make! Thanks