Thursday, August 28, 2008

Speedy Beef Enchiladas


Okay Barb, you had me craving beef enchiladas so I made some of mine. Yours looked better and more labor intensive than mine. This is how I always make them and next time I'm definitely going to try your version. We usually serve them with beans and spanish rice. I love to put homemade salsa and sour cream on top. The one nice thing about this version is, it's so fast to make and we usually keep everything on hand.

Speedy Beef Enchiladas:

  • 1 19 ounce can enchilada sauce (mild)
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 3 tbsp taco seasoning
  • 9 corn tortillas
  • grated cheese
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 onion (optional)

  1. Heat oven to 350
  2. Brown the ground beef and add 2 tbsp of taco seasoning and 1 finely chopped garlic clove.
  3. Add 1/2 finely chopped onion (I don't always add the onion since my hubby is a picky eater)
  4. Put your enchilada sauce and 1 tbsp of taco seasoning into a skillet. Heat on low.
  5. I like to heat 3 tortillas at a time in a Ziploc bag for 10 seconds. This keeps them soft so when you fold them they don't crack and split open.
  6. Put a tortilla into the enchilada sauce and flip it so it's covered in sauce.
  7. Now your ready to fill. I put some meat and grated cheese in each one.
  8. I put the remaining meat, cheese and sauce on top.
  9. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.

Hope you enjoy!

TTFN, Cindy

2 comments:

johnna said...

Looks delicious! When do you serve???

Princess-R-Us said...

Anytime! Come on over! lol