Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Beef Enchiladas

This is a new recipe that I decided to try. It was quick, easy and delicious! I did not add the green chilies since my family doesn't like things too spicy. One suggestion I have is to make extra enchilada sauce for after it is cooked.


Beef Enchiladas:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 small onion
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin
  • 2 green chilies
  • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 15oz can tomato sauce
  • 8 corn tortillas
  1. Heat oven to 350
  2. Cook and drain beef. Mix in onion, sour cream, cheese and pepper. Set aside.
  3. Heat bell pepper, water, chili powder, oregano, cumin, chilies, garlic and tomato sauce to boiling. Reduce to low. Simmer 5 minutes. Pour into ungreased pie pan.
  4. Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides. Spoon 1/4 cup of meat onto tortilla; roll tortilla around filling. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
  5. Bake uncovered about 20 minutes. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and onions. Enjoy!

Until next time, Barb

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

LOOKS YUMMY! I have a recipe to send you guys. How do you want me to send it? Want a photo and everything? (Remember me, Barbara? ~ Jennifer ~ Cindy and Christina's friend from way back when...)

Let me know how you want the recipe(s) and I will get them to you! What a great idea, by the way!

Also... I haven't done this yet but I heard of a great idea. Make 'theme' nights for the family. For instance, you could have Mexican night and create a menu, decorations, etc. Then you can have your kids and hubby order what is off the menu (make it simple but a couple different things like bean burritos and chips and salsa, etc). You get the picture? I thought that would be fun. Send the kids away with your hubby and then decorate and everything. Then when they get back it is all set. You could do Italian, camping in the living room, Chinese, or whatever. Fun idea, huh? I need to get on this one...

3dingsandadog said...

That is a cute idea :) And yes I remember you, of course! You can either email us the receipe with a picture or just write the receipe in the comment box. Thanks :)

Princess-R-Us said...

Hey Jennifer! That's such a cute idea! I love it. Sounds like so much fun. Email me the the recipe and I'll post it. You can send the picture too or one of us will make the meal and take the picture. Whatever works for you. :)
Miss you bunches!
Cindy