Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Homemade Salsa


This is a yummy salsa! It's always great to have a homemade salsa to bring to a party or just to much on at home. Because I'm a Mexican food lover, I love having this salsa in the fridge at all times. I put it on everything. lol You can make it as spicy as you like but I tend to keep it closer to the medium range.


Salsa:

  • 1 28oz can of whole tomatoes
  • 5 romano tomatoes (optional)
  • 2 7oz cans of diced mild green chile's (usually in your Mexican food isle)
  • 3/4 to 1 stalk of Cilantro
  • 3/4 of a medium white onion
  • 2 to 3 garlic cloves
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 small red chile pepper (optional)

  1. Chop your cilantro, onion and garlic really fine.
  2. Add your can of whole tomatoes and your fresh tomatoes to the food processor or blender.
  3. Add your chopped cilantro, onion and garlic to the tomatoes.
  4. Mix until it's all blended. Do not over do it or it will become soupy.
  5. I stir in the salt and pepper when it's finished and keep tasting until I have the desired amount.
  6. It's best to refrigerate it for awhile before serving.

I think you'll enjoy it and it's so fast and easy!

TTFN, Cindy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just printed this one to try out this weekend. I've never made my own salsa! This recipe sounds yummy.

Love you,
Anne

Princess-R-Us said...

Anne, I hope you like it! :) I can't wait to try the recipes you sent me, they sound so good.
Love you,
Cindy