Friday, October 10, 2008

Chicken Parmesan


So, ever since I tried Dawn's Chicken Piccata, Chris (my hubby) has been begging me to try Chicken Parmesan. That's what I tried tonight. It was really yummy. I did the chicken similar to the Piccata and just did a traditional spaghetti sauce with noodles. He loved it, the kids loved it and I have to say, I loved it too. lol It was real fast and simple to make. I hope you all enjoy it as much as our family.


Chicken Parmesan:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup garlic & herb bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 2 pinches of pepper
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
  • grated mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  1. Flatten all your chicken to 1/4 inch thickness between plastic wrap or waxed paper. This helps it cook well and remain tender.
  2. Mix the egg and water together in a bowl.
  3. Mix the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, grated parmesan and garlic powder together on a large plate. It's easier to coat the chicken on a plate then in a bowl.
  4. First coat the chicken with the flour.
  5. Then dip it into the egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
  6. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
  7. Cook the chicken in the skillet for 4 to 7 minutes on each side. Try to only turn it once so you don't loose any of your crust by flipping it too much. I found it was completely done yet still nice and tender when I cooked it for 6 minutes on each side. It depends on how large your chicken breast is.
  8. Remove chicken from skillet using your tongs and keep warm.
  9. I used a traditional jar of spaghetti sauce and added the fresh garlic and Italian seasoning to it.
  10. Serve over noodles.

Enjoy ~Cindy~

1 comment:

3dingsandadog said...

Yummm...

Sorry I have been MIA..will post tomorrow!

PS: Everything you have posted, looks great!