Friday, October 10, 2008

Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

My friend Heather gave me this recipe and it was amazing! Her grandma gave it to her. It only took five minutes total to make! This recipe is so dangerous. You now are only five minutes away from a scrumptious homemade cake. I definitely recommend chocolate chips inside and chocolate or vanilla frosting on top. I think this would be such a cute idea for a slumber party! It would be fun for all the kids to be able to make their own cake. Thank you Heather for the great recipe and keep them coming!



Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake:



  • 1 Coffee Mug
  • 4 tbsp plain flour
  • 4 tbsp sugar (or other)
  • 2 tbsp baking cocoa
  • 1 egg (or substitute)
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tbsp oil (olive, etc....olive is actually very good in cakes)
  • 3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
  • Small splash of vanilla
  • Frosting of your choice


  1. Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix together.
  2. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
  3. Pour in the milk and oil and mix.
  4. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla, and mix again.
  5. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
  6. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
  7. Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate.
  8. Frost away and you're ready to eat!

Thanks again and enjoy! ~Cindy~

4 comments:

Heather said...

OMG...Cindy that cake looks so good! I may have to try that recipe after all! -Heather

Hall Family said...

How fun! I KNOW my kids would love to make this one. In fact, I might even try this one in my cooking class. I think they would love this, too!

Hall Family said...

I had my kids make this one and I had to shorten the cooking time on my second mug as the first one was a bit dry and rubbery. My microwave must be hotter than the 1000 watts. And it definitely needs frosting. I didn't have that on hand. But what a great concept and a fun! If you need a chocolate fix this is a quick way to get it!

Four peas in a pod said...

This is dangerous! I have made it more than once since finding it here a couple weeks ago!

We had the same problem described above: it was a bit rubbery when I cooked it the full 3 minutes. I shortened the cooking time, which helped a little. I also think it may have been affected by our egg replacer. We don't keep eggs in the house since Ellie is allergic and I think the egg replacer powder didn't work well with this recipe. Not that it stopped me from making it again..and again...and again...

Jana