Friday, October 3, 2008

Sticky Buns


This is a recipe from my sister-in-law, Anne. I've never had anything like these sticky buns, they were so yummy! Soft, flaky but yet sticky and real sugary! They are definitely rich and make you want a big glass of milk.
I really recommend trying these. This recipe makes a lot! Next time I'll cut it in half. I think they would be great for breakfast when you have company over. Thanks again Anne for another great recipe!


Sticky Buns:

  • 1 tablespoon orange zest (I didn't add)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1 package cream cheese
  • 2 cans grand flaky biscuits
  • 1/2 cup butter melted
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease a nonstick pan.
  3. In small bowl combine all sugar, orange zest and pecans and set aside.
  4. Cut cream cheese into about 20 pieces (depends on how many biscuits you have).
  5. Split each biscuit in half and place cream cheese in center.
  6. Pinch ends all around the cream cheese.
  7. Dip each biscuit into butter then into sugar mixture, coating whole biscuit.
  8. Place at one end of the pan, slightly overlapping to the end of the pan.
  9. If any butter or sugar mixture is left sprinkle on top.
  10. Bake for 30-35 minutes. (Mine needed an extra 10 minutes)
  11. Cool a few minutes and turn onto plate.


Can be made the night before, covered and placed in fridge and baked in morning.
TTFN, Cindy

4 comments:

3dingsandadog said...

yummmmm~ Sounds like another great recipe!

Anne said...

My mouth is watering right now! I'm going to have to make those for my MOPS group when it's our turn to bring a breakfast dish!

Marni said...

Wow, these sound and look great. I just may have to veganize this recipe. If I do, I'll let you know. Though I doubt they'll make me want a glass of :::gulp::: milk. ;) Well, hazelnut milk, maybe. Or hemp milk. Or ... yeah, you get the idea. Nice job!

Princess-R-Us said...

Barb- You have to try it!

Anne- They were great! Thanks again.

Marni- I know you can do it! You can do anything. lol Yes, some kind of vegan milk. :) Please let me know when you do your version.
xoxo