Friday, November 14, 2008

Another post..no pic's

I don't have any pic's of these two, but I thought I would share a little trick I learned. This may be something many of you know, but I found it very time saving and thought I would pass it on. I bought a small roast and put it directly into my crock pot and added some garlic salt and a packet of au jus sauce with some water. That's it! I then put the lid on, turned it on low, and left my kitchen!!! By dinner time, it was a perfectly tender roast! It was so good, we made another one a few days later.
I also did this with a full chicken. I put the raw chicken in my crock pot(minus the icky stuff inside the chicken, don't 4get to take that out!!!), some season all, garlic salt and about 3 tbsp of melted butter. I turned it on low and left my kitchen, again!!! With this I did come back to baste it every once in awhile. OMG...it was so good! Very tender and really easy chicken!

Ps: If you want to spend a little time in the kitchen after your chicken dinner, you can then boil your chicken bones to make broth and make chicken noodle soup. (like I did...I love it in the colder months!)

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

I am going to have to try these with your ingredients. I have never used the au jus seasoning. I bet it is delicious. What cut of beef do you buy? I had a roast the other day and it was dry in my crock-pot. It could have been cuz it wasn't defrosted when I started to cook it in the crockpot... When I have done a chicken I sometimes use the bones a different day to make the soup cuz I am too tired that night. I just put it on a plate and wrap it up in the fridge until later. Gonna go shopping now! :-)