My sister gave me this recipe for Potato Leek Soup today. It's really good! It's creamy and super easy. I made a double batch because I like to freeze the left overs for another time. I used both red and brown potatoes but you can use what you like. I also used the chicken broth that comes in the box. I added a lot of pepper and salt to spice it up... This goes great with a warm sandwich or a salad!
Potato Leek Soup:
- 1 box chicken broth
- 5 red potatoes, 1 brown potato
- 1 leek
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- Bring chicken broth to a rolling boil and cover.
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes, add to boiling broth.
- Saute the leeks in the butter, garlic, salt and pepper then add to soup.
- Let cook until potatoes are tender, add your cream, more salt and pepper and cook on low.
- I then smashed some of the potatoes to thicken the soup and you're ready to serve! I'm betting that this is going to be even better left over...