Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lemon Pepper Chicken, Rice, and Veggies



I'm back! Sorry it took so long...... I mentioned in a earlier post how our family wants a lifestyle change, so here's a little bit of what we've been eating........
It's definitely a lot simpler but it's healthy and very yummy!

Barbara told me about these steamer bags that you can put your veggies in and it only takes 3 to 4 minutes to cook, they're amazing!!! It's so easy and fast, the best part is there's no clean up! I've been buying fresh veggies and cutting them all up, portioning them out into the bags and putting them into the fridge for the next mealtime. It's made it so easy...... It says on the bag that you can also steam meats but I haven't tried this yet, we've been having such beautiful weather here that it's been a great time for barbecuing. We had lemon pepper chicken, rice and veggies.......








TTFN, Cindy

2 comments:

3dingsandadog said...

Bravo! What a great idea. TO have those veges ready to go will make it so much easier!!

Hall Family said...

I LOVE zip-n-steam bags! You also use less butter if you put a dab inside the bag to steam with the veggies than if you put it on your plate after the veggies are cooked. I also love the idea of pre-prepping all the bags with filled veggies. I'll have to try that one. Now... where is the recipe for the lemon chicken? :-)